Get The Right Vehicle Tracking System For Your Business
- Systems from 17 suppliers compared for your convenience
- Free, expert and independent service with no obligation to buy
- Four quotes offered specifically for your business within 1 hour
Choosing the right vehicle tracking system for your business
If you have a vehicle fleet that you need to keep tabs on, then investing in telematics – the system that deals with long-distance transmission of computerised information – will help you keep your fleet and drivers’ behaviour under control.
Maintenance costs and fuel consumption – one of the biggest overhead for any company with logistics involvement – can be monitored more closely, along with CO2 emissions and the overall customer experience can be improved. Ultimately, this could lead to more business coming your way.
Features of a telematics system
Tracking your fleet can give you a number of benefits around the clock. such as:
- Identifying which vehicles are closest to specific locations
- Improving the accuracy of delivery times
- Calculating job costs more accurately
- Validating time sheets
- Notification of accidents at the time they occur
- Improving the Health and Safety of your drivers
- Helping you with your Duty of Care responsibilities
Improve driver behaviour
By using a vehicle tracking system, you can identify which of your drivers is already an asset to your business, and which may need some additional training to bring them up to scratch.
You can also:
- Improve vehicle safety by monitoring or restricting the speed of your vehicles
- Differentiating more accurately between business and private mileage to reduce business costs
- Cut out unauthorised mileage and help to improve staff productivity
- Reduce accident risk, consequently cutting repair and down time for your vehicles
- Improve your business image and enhance your reputation
Other benefits of using vehicle tracking
There are many benefits to using vehicle trackers to help you get the most out of your fleet and staff, and by improving the customer experience you are likely to outwit your competitors and increase the amount of business you get.
The vehicle tracking system provider will install the hardware necessary to track your vehicles into your fleet using a smartbox, and this is usually a small outlay which can often be financed with a monthly payment.
You will also get support from your provider to help you get the most out of the system you choose.
Software updates should be automatic, and you can get an update every 60 seconds if you have live vehicle tracking facilities enabled.
Traffic feeds can be provided which will help your drivers take different routes to speed up delivery times.
Improving driver behaviour will also cut down on the wear and tear on your vehicles, reduce the amount of unnecessary mileage that would otherwise be charged to your business, and reduce your environmental impact.
- You will also reduce the number of mobile phone calls you make to your drivers to establish their location, saving both time and money.
- You can avoid paying tax penalties associated with personal mileage on a works vehicle.
- You can cut the cost of your insurance policies because your vehicles and driver behaviour are both being tracked.
- Most importantly, you will be able to keep your customers happy because you will be able to be much more specific about the time that deliveries will be made, preventing them from having to wait in for goods for longer than necessary.
Service provided by Inspired Suppliers